The ESERA Executive Board invites proposals from established science education research groups to host the bi-annual ESERA 2019 Conference.
Proposals should contain the following:
- the applicants’ names, institutions and a 2-page CV for each
- the names of the local organizing committee
- the proposed location of the conference (with a description of the venue)
- details of previous involvement of the organizers in ESERA events and a rationale (500-1000 words) indicating why the proposal should be chosen
Things to know
- Countries where the conference has not previously been held are encouraged to apply
- The board is interested in locations accessible (both geographically and financially) to a large number of European science educators.This includes sufficient economical accommodations in the community for non-institutionally funded attendees.
- A venue near or at the organizer’s university facilitates and can help with organization and planning.
- Facilities need to be able to accommodate approximately 1200 attendees with a plenary room for about 800, parallel session meeting rooms and eating facilities.
- WiFi needs to be widely available in all meeting rooms.The conference is mainly self-funded with a small percentage provided by the ESERA Board.
- The principal organizers are expected to attend the conference in Dublin in 2017A review of recent conferences can provide examples of fees and costs http://www.esera.org/esera-conference/
The period for selecting the ESERA 2019 conference organizers
- Announcement call September 2016
- Applications due January 31,2017
- Decision made at ESERA Board meeting in March 2017
- Two organizers of 2019 attend the 2017 conference in Dublin (August 21 – 26, 2017)
- The principal organizer becomes a co-opted member of the ESERA Board from September 2017 until the conference in 2019 and attends all Board meetings.