The ESERA executive board met between 14 and 17 March 2013 in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Special guest, and co-opted member of the executive board from September 2013 until 2015, was Jarkko Lampiselka, representative of the Finnish team responsible for the ESERA 2015 conference.
The main topics addressed during this spring meeting were:
- the state of the art regarding the organization of the upcoming conference in Cyprus, the processes of reviewing the submitted proposals and functionality of the conference system that has been designed for use during this and the next five conferences,
- the functionality of the new ESERA website,
- the travel awards 2012 and 2013, including new ideas for supporting early career researchers of ESERA in their professional development,
- the realization of the ESERA book series for which we have signed a contract with Springer,
- financial and budget issues,
- the procedures concerning the e-News edition, and
- the preparation of the meeting between ESERA and NARST representatives at the 2013 NARST conference in Puerto Rico.
At the meeting, the executive board expressed its special appreciation to Costas Constantinou and his team for the great website renovation and the development of the conference system.
The next meeting of the Executive Board will be taking place in September 2013, just after the ESERA conference in Cyprus.