The ESERA Executive Board invites proposals from established science education research groups to host the ESERA 2021 Conference.
Proposals should contain the following:
- the applicants’ names, institutions and a 2-page CV for each
- the names of the local organizing committee members
- the proposed location of the conference (with a description of the venue)
- details of previous involvement of the organizers in ESERA events and a rationale (500-1000 words) indicating why the proposal should be chosen
Things to know
- Countries where the conference has not previously been held are encouraged to apply
- The board is interested in locations accessible (both geographically and financially) to a large number of European science educators. This includes sufficient economical accommodations in the community for non-institutionally funded attendees.
- A venue near or at the organizer’s university facilitates can help with organization and planning.
- Facilities need to be able to accommodate approximately 1400 attendees with a plenary room for about 900, about 25 parallel session meeting rooms and eating facilities.
- WiFi needs to be widely available in all meeting rooms, strong enough for simultaneous use by many participants.
- The conference is mainly self-funded with a small percentage provided by the ESERA Board.
- The principal organizers are expected to attend the conference in Barcelona in 2019.
- A review of recent conferences can provide examples of fees and costs https://www.esera.org/conference
The time line for selecting the ESERA 2021 conference organizers
- Announcement call September 2018
- Applications due January 31, 2019
- Decision made at ESERA Board meeting in March 2019
- Two organizers of 2021 attend the 2019 conference in Bologna (August 26 – 30 and 31st for the Board meeting, 2019)