ESERA offers 2 types of scholarships this year to support scholars who otherwise would not be able to attend the online ESERA Conference 2021.
1. FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM – open to members with accepted proposals
The conference scholarships will cover early registration costs. Individuals eligible for a conference scholarship are:
• Members of ESERA at any stage of their studies/careers whose proposals have been accepted but need financial support to attend the conference. Applicants are expected to provide a justification for why the funds are needed.
2. HARDSHIP FUND – open to everyone
The scholarships will cover early registration costs and, if needed, unlimited internet access for the duration of the conference. The scholarships aim at broadening and diversifying participation in the ESERA community and they are intended to assist doctoral students and early-career researchers facing financial challenges this year.
Individuals eligible for a scholarship through the hardship fund are:
• Doctoral students in science education who face financial constraints in attending the conference
• Early career-researchers in science education who received their doctorate not more than 3 years from the date of the conference and face financial constraints in attending the conference
Please note the following:
• The scholarship includes a waiver for the conference fee only and it does not include membership dues.
• Membership or submission/acceptance of a proposal to the conference is not a condition.
• Priority will be given to first-time conference attendees and individuals who study/work in non-affluent regions and/or countries that have been historically underrepresented at prior ESERA conferences particularly those from developing regions as specified by the United Nations (http://hdr.undp.org/en/content/developing-regions).
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants can apply only to one of the two awards.
The deadline for the application is May 17, 2021.
A panel of 2 ESERA board members and 1 external reviewer will review and make decisions about the applications.