The ESERA Executive Board invites proposals to host the ESERA Summer School 2018.
Proposals should contain the following:
- the applicants’ names, institutions and a 2-page CV for each
- the names of the local organizing committee
- the proposed location of the conference (with a description of the venue)
- details of previous involvement of the organizers in ESERA events (particularly previous summer schools)
- a rationale (500-1000 words) indicating why the proposal should be chosen
Things to know
- The board is interested in locations accessible (both geographically and financially) to a large number of European Science Education PhD students.
- Countries where the Summer School has not previously been held are encouraged to apply.The principal organizers are expected to attend the Summer School in the Czech Republic in 2017 (June 30 – July 5, 2017).
- The Summer School is self-funded. Local foundation funding for the Summer School is helpful in reducing costs to students (perhaps 15,000€ all together).
- The maximum that students should have to pay has ranged up to 400€ for lodging and food. Forty-nine students will be selected to attend.
- A venue at or near the organizer’s university facilitates and can help with organization and planning.
- The Summer School needs a lecture hall for 80 persons; seven group rooms with projection (nine persons in each room) and three or four workshop rooms (25 persons in each room).
- Meeting rooms and participant residences in the same place are highly desirable.About 2/3rds of the residence rooms should be single rooms with some doubles for students who prefer to share and save money.
- WiFi needs to be widely available and strong in all meeting rooms.
- A balance of male and female keynote speakers (2 and 2) and staff (coaches and workshops) is needed and will be decided with the ESERA Board.
- Poster space at the coffee break area for informal browsing is desired.
The period for selecting the ESERA Summer School 2016 organizers
- Announcement call September 2016
- Proposals due January 15, 2017
- Decision made at ESERA Board meeting in March 2017
- Two organizers of 2018 attend the 2017 Summer School in the Czech Republic (June 30 – July 5, 2017)