Science Education Research For Evidence-based Teaching and Coherence in Learning
Proceedings of the ESERA 2013 Conference
General Editors: Constantinos P. Constantinou, Nicos Papadouris, Angela Hadjigeorgiou
Co-editors: Robin Millar, Jens Dolin, Justin Dillon, Andreas Redfors, Christiana Nicolaou, Petros Kariotoglou, Terence Russell, Margareta Enghag, Maria Evagorou, Kalypso Iordanou, Miriam Ossevoort, Jari Lavonen, Albert Zeyer, Andrée Tiberghien, Eleni Kyza, Fani Stylianidou, Esme Glauert, Digna Couso, Loucas Louca, Patricia Marzin-Janvier, Giorgos Olymbiou, Jan Alexis Nielsen, Marisa Michelini, Lucy Avraamidou, Dimitris Psillos, Marios Papaevripidou, Roser Pinto Casulleras, Graça Carvalho, Marianne Mortensen Foss
The goal of this electronic book is to publish improved versions of the proposals presented (after peer evaluation) at the ESERA 2013 conference. These updated versions of the papers take into account the discussion which took place during the presentation as well as the feedback received from the reviewers. A total of 960 submissions were received for the conference out of which 339 papers are included in the e-book, following the two rounds of review.
On the whole, the e-book presents a comprehensive overview of ongoing studies in Science Education Research in Europe. It represents the current interests and areas under emphasis in the ESERA community at the end of 2013.
The e-book contains sixteen parts corresponding to the 16 strands of the ESERA 2013 conference. Each part is co-edited by two or three persons, most of whom were strand chairs. The three formats of presentation made during the conference are published in this e-book. The length for a single oral presentation or poster is between 6 and 12 pages. For the symposium there are two possibilities: The whole symposium can be presented as a single paper of 6-12 pages or each contribution can be considered as a single oral presentation (6-12 pages).
All papers in this e-book correspond to communications submitted and accepted for the ESERA 2013 conference that were reviewed by two or three referees, prior to presentation in September 2013. Moreover the co- editors carried out a global reviewing of the updated versions of the papers, which were all submitted after the conference. ESERA or the editors and co-editors do not necessarily endorse or share the ideas and views presented in or implied by the articles included in this book.
The appropriate APA style for referencing this e-book is as follows: Constantinou, C. P., Papadouris, N., & Hadjigeorgiou, A. (Eds.). (2014). E-Book Proceedings of the ESERA 2013 Conference: Science Education Research For Evidence-based Teaching and Coherence in Learning. Nicosia, Cyprus: European Science Education Research Association. ISBN: 978-9963-700-77-6
The appropriate APA style for referencing individual articles in the e-book is as follows : [Author(s)]. (2014). [Title of article], In C. P. Constantinou, N. Papadouris & A. Hadjigeorgiou (Eds.), E-Book Proceedings of the ESERA 2013 Conference: Science Education Research For Evidence-based Teaching and Coherence in Learning. Part [strand number] (co-ed. Editors of the strand chapter), (pp.[page numbers]) Nicosia, Cyprus: European Science Education Research Association. ISBN: 978-9963-700-77-6
Within this Section
ESERA - 2013
- Strand 1- Learning science - Conceptual understanding
- Strand 2 - Learning science - Cognitive, affective, and social aspects
- Strand 3 - Science teaching processes
- Strand 4 - Digital resources for science teaching and learning
- Strand 5 - Teaching learning sequences and evidence-based teaching innovations
- Strand 6 - Nature of science - History, philosophy and sociology of science
- Strand 7 - Discourse and argumentation in science education
- Strand 8 - Scientific literacy and socio scientific issues
- Strand 9 - Environmental, health and outdoor science education
- Strand 10 - Science curriculum and educational policy
- Strand 11- Evaluation and assessment of student learning and development
- Strand 12 - Cultural, social and gender issues in science and technology education
- Strand 13 - Pre-service science teacher education
- Strand 14 - In-service science teacher education, continued professional development
- Strand 15 - Early years science education
- Strand 16 - Science in the primary school